The Park Crew
I had a funny experience today on my direct flight from Seoul (Incheon) to Honolulu. Did the Korean Airline's flight attendants plan to be on the same crew or were they assigned by a supervisor with a sense of humor? I noticed two female flight attendants with the same last name. Then there was another one. Finally there was one male flight attendant with the same last name. All with the family name PARK.
Oh yeah, the male flight attendant tried to play "Stump da Chump." Imagine two Asian males sitting next to each other on the flight. One looks more Korean and the other looks more Chinese. Can you even tell the difference? Well, I thought I could. So Mr. Park asks the Chinese looking passenger in Hangeungmal, "would you like bibimbap or sogogi?" The Chinese looking passenger looks at the other passenger then looks back at Mr. Park and says, "Sogogi." Mr. Park then asks the Korean looking passenger the same question in English. It turns out the Korean looking passenger was Japanese, and the Chinese looking one, be me. Good thing for the both of us we understood Mr. Park. For the rest of the flight Mr. Park continued to use both Korean and English when speaking to us...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home