It could have been a skit on SNL.
Funny experience at work today...
A client came in for some tutoring on a feature on the software that I service here in this part of the world. He came into my office, seemed all energetic, and looked like he was ready to get to work. I got him to register for a user ID and password and I was ready to begin the training period. Moved the mouse and clicked a couple of on-screen buttons. Not five seconds into the session I heard what sounded like snoring. Can you believe it!
I tried to continue with training him but he wasn't staying with me. I would nudge him, talk him through the mouse clicks but every 5 seconds or so his chin would sink into his chest and his eyelids would droop over his pupils. You could set your watch by it, every five seconds he would nod off! I would point to where he should click his mouse but he would miss the button. "No, no, not there. Right here where my finger is on the screen."
His condition, which I thought was narcolepsy, was in fact a bad reaction to cold medicine. Ha! He took Nyquil... should have taken Dayquil. I was chuckling all through this training period. Every other sentence out of my mouth was, "Stay with me, now..."
Got through the training, but I think he will come in again after the New Year...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home